The Children's Museum of the Shoals, Inc. is a unique community resource that
and programs geared specifically to the developmental stages and needs of
children. Our mission is to further classroom education and compliment existing
cultural and educational resources.
The museum allows children the freedom both to play and to
experience the joy of learning in a safe, enriched, and stimulating environment.
It also offers academic enrichment for the state and national curriculum
standards in the fields of science, environmental education, the arts, history,
Exhibits and activities encourage children to
imagine, make choices, and create and to experience the world in ways that
expand their awareness and promote science and cultural literacy.
Thursday, Friday, Saturday 10:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Friday for our "Play Day for Toddlers and Pre-Ks" 9:30-11:00 a.m
We are available 7 days a week, by reservation,
for Field Trips and Birthday Parties
Admission: Under 2 years - Free Ages 2 and up - $5.00
Museum Members - Free
Groups of 15 or more - please call for reservations and discount rates.
Pardon our progress: Our "A River Runs Through It," Tennessee River exhibit remains closed
while we are in the process of reconstruction.
Have your birthday party
at the Children's Museum!
(Click here to find out how)
Interested in becoming a member? Click here for more information
Interested in becoming a CMOS volunteer?
Click here for volunteer information
Children must be accompanied by an adult during their visit to the museum.
The Childrens Museum of the Shoals is a private, non-profit organization providing unique learning opportunities and enrichment activities for children.
We generate 60% of our annual budget from admissions, memberships, gift shop sales and parties. We need to raise the remaining 40% through donations and grants. If you would like to make a donation, please send your donation to:
Children's Museum of the Shoals
2810 Darby Dr.
Florence, AL 35630
All donations are tax deductible.
For more information, call us at (256) 765-0500.